It is white onion with purplish color and flattened shape. It is collected in August. It has a good appearance and taste to use it in decorations and to be fresh or cooked eaten.
Weight: 1 Kilo
Onion and potato croquettes
Ingredients [six personas]
1 kg of Galician potatoes / 750 g Figueres onions / 1 small glass of whole milk / Salt / Oil / Nutmeg / Black Pepper / breadcrumbs / flour / egg / allspice (my "tuning")
- Line the onion or chop it very thin.
- Peel and slice thinly the potatoes.
- Put the oil in the pan over low heat. Then add the potatoes and the onions. Stir with a wooden paddle.
- Stir carefully and slowly, they´ll change their color. It will be almost a paste.
- Add the milk. Nutmeg, salt, freshly ground pepper. Let it absorb.
- It will be a thick dough.
- Extend it in a fountain to cool down.
- Take portions and give them the desired shape.
- Dip through flour, egg and breadcrumbs and fry them.
- Ready to eat.